Mother’s Day is a day to celebrate everything mothers do for their children and families. Having a day that your children shower you with love and appreciation, pick up all of their things off the floor, don’t need to be asked anything twice, and give you at least five handmade Mother’s Day cards sounds amazing! It’s also a bit of a stretch.
So, if you have toddlers, or newborns or are an expectant mother, it’s unlikely your child or children will be bringing you breakfast in bed. The good news is, there are lots of things to do this weekend that will give you happy kids, a lot of smiles, maybe a few special treats for you. And the good news is, they don’t cost much because we know sometimes a toddler meltdown can ruin your plans.
Here are just a few ways you can celebrate the amazing job you are doing as Mom!
- Bubbles galore. This one is more for the kids, but the Bubble Bash at Desert Ridge on Saturday, May 11 is free for kids with tons of bubbles, art, giveaways and more. Being at Desert Ridge, though, there are a few spots for mom too!
- Mompalooza at Odysea. On Saturday, May 11, Odysea in the Desert at the 101 and Via de Ventura has a FREE day dedicated to mom with chair massages, manicures, fashion show and more, but kids have a lot to enjoy too with bounce houses, slides, a coloring contest, face painting and more from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- For the baseball mom. Spring Training is extended in Goodyear with the Indians Red playing Dodgers 2 on Saturday, May 11 from 10 – 12 p.m. in a free game.
- Celebrate being a single mom that rocks. At the Chandler/Gilbert YMCA Saturday, May 11 there is a free Mother’s Day luncheon for Single Moms. Childcare and lunch are both free while you enjoy lunch and celebration with other moms. Registration is required.
- Free ice cream! That’s right. On Sunday, Creamistry is giving you a free ice cream when you purchase one ice cream, probably for your child! Or, enlist back-up to watch the kids and go with another deserving mom friend! Locations in Phoenix, Scottsdale and Gilbert.
- Free Arizona Science Center & Heritage and Science Park. Moms and grandmothers are free on Sunday when you take your kid, or kids, to the Arizona Science Center and see Mummies of the World exhibition and enjoy everything else the center and park have to offer.
- Indulge your coffee love. Arizona’s local Press Coffee is offering 50% discount on lattes at their seven locations around the Phoenix area this Mother’s Day.
- Free Mother’s Day Photo. Cabela’s in Glendale is giving moms a free family photo on Saturday, May 11 and Sunday, May 12. And, on Sunday, the first 75 moms also get a free plaid tote!
Being a mom is hard, fun, rewarding, exhausting, and valuable work. However you celebrate the work you do and how far you’ve come as a mother, you deserve it!